- This event has passed.
Oktoberfest at HooDoo!
September 17, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - October 1, 2016 @ 12:00 pm
Oktoberfest! Munich’s 16-day festival celebrating the Autumn and all things beer. Grab your Bavarian garb, crazy hats, pretzel necklaces, and brush up on your Ein Prosit – because we’re celebrating at here HooDoo, just like they do in Germany.
From September 17 to October 1, get whisked away to Bavaria and enjoy a fun array of activities and food at Fairbanks’ local brewery. Grab your dirndls and lederhosen…here’s what’s planned —->
// OKTOBERFEST LAGER //
For the 4th year in a row, we’ll will kick off Oktoberfest just like the German’s do, at noon on Saturday Sept 17, when we tap a cask of German-style Oktoberfest Lager with the Fairbanks Mayor Eberhart and Fairbanks North Star Borough Mayor Kassel.
// LOCAL ART //
This year the talented Hannah Foss was commissioned for the 2016 Oktoberfest art. Her place-based, totem design will be featured on limited edition t-shirts and posters starting September 17th at 11am. Both will be available online the following week.
// BIERGARTEN GRUB //
• 9/17 through 9/24: Local German food connoisseur Konrad with The Mein Diner will be on hand with authentic German food like handmade spaetzle, sausages and kebabs.
• 9/24 through 10/1: Golddigger Dogs will be serving up 100% local pork bratwurst that are simmered in HooDoo Kölsch, as well as other sausages by Delta Meats. They’ll have a couple dozen topping choices on hand to create the perfect dog.
• 9/17: Local confectioner Susan Duhaime will help us kick off the festivities with traditional treats like handcrafted Giant Lebkuchen (Decorated gingerbread heart cookie necklace you can wear), as well as Rotweinkuchen and other delicious sweet treats.
// CONTESTS & FESTIVITES //
• Stein Holding Competitions for men and women
— 1pm Sat 9/17, 6pm Sat 9/24 & 6pm Sat 10/1
• German Costume Contest
— 12:45pm Sat 9/17 & 6:30pm Sat 10/1
• Hilariously Funny HooDoo Yodeling Contest
— 7pm Sat 10/1
PROST! We hope to see YOU for Oktoberfest in Fairbanks, Alaska!